|Why Do This |
- raises your company (and website) visibility.
- News articles have more credibility than advertising.
- It is not hard to write press releases - follow the rules, use the correct format
- It is free, but it's the editor's prerogative whether to publish them.
|Press Release Fundamentals |
- Follow the rules, or the editors will not consider publishing them.
- Must be "newsworthy" .
- Don't expect every press release to get published.
- Be constantly aware of possible newsworthy topics. For example, has something "New" happened with your business.
|Newsworthy Topics |
- Your company launches its new website.
- New content has been added to your website.
- Your company has moved to anew location.
- A new partner has joined your firm.
- You have formed an alliance with another company.
|More Newsworthy Topics |
- You have added a new service to your company's offerings.
- You are offering a new workshop
- Get more ideas by visiting the websites of other financial services and media companies. Look on their "News" pages. Example: www.naifa.org/news_pressket_release.html
|In Your Advertising |
- make your website address large and prominent in evry ad
- Yello pages ad
- Newspaper and magazine ads.
- Flyers, handouts, direct mail
- Pens, gifts, and other premiums.
|Press Release Format |
- Avoid adjectives and claims that are not factual, UNLESS thay are in the form of a quote Example: "We are very excited about this powerful new service" says Mr. X. "Our customers are very pleased with the results they are getting."
- Read a few other press releases to get a sense of the journalistic writing style that editors prefer.
- Hire a professional writer to do the first one or two, if necessary.
- Remember - dont make it sound like an ad. Stay with the facts.